Make a comment about a German Shepherd or Black Lab, and pretty much EVERYONE knows what you're talking about.
Here are a few visual aids when it comes to SOME cow breeds:
(Oops! I mean....)
BLACK ANGUS I'm not so sure the BLACK BALDY is a breed as much as it is just a nickname for its appearance. Either way, I think I saw one the other night actually make a facial expression.
Can animals HAVE facial expressions? I think THIS one did....
As Ben and I dozed off to sleep with the window open (enjoying the fall air) we suddenly heard very loud and very heavy footprints. Then, "munch, munch, munch."
We peeked out the window to see a very young Black Baldy grazing within a few feet of our window. The outside light illuminated the cow's white face, but made it to where the cow couldn't see US (hiding behind the dark screen).
I couldn't help myself, "Pssssst!" The cow FROZE and looked straight at the screen motionless. "Psssst!" I did it again right before Ben whispered, "Hey cow."
If I didn't know better, I would SWEAR her eyes got bigger. She started to back-up slowwww-ly and stealthy, with all the grace of a hunting kitty-cat. (I didn't know cows could be that gentle and graceful.) After a few feet of tip-toeing, she turned on a dime and took-off running. We laughed heartily as we listened to her hooves disappearing into the darkness.
BLACK BALDY"TRICK OR TREAT!"





6 comments:
You kill me, girl, I'm still laughing!
I'll take a black Angus on the grill please :)
We use to raise Herford cows.. they can be so friendly and hard not to make pets of them.
I would have done the same thing! No, I would've done my best 'moo' at it. I swear I can imagine it's face when you did that...soo funny!
I was watching 2 moose one day in my backyard and I see our neighbors schnauzer come waltzing totally unaware of what's in front of her. I was like ohhhh, orca. Finally she looked up and both moose had their necks lowered so their eyes were level with orca's. Orca froze, kept her head up and slowly back pedaled as if she was trying not to wake a monster. With some distance she slowly turned, still keeping an eye on the moose and then ran. It was the funniest animal behavior.
oh, and I like mine just a little pink in the middle with a side of garlic mashed taters, thank you very much
Nancy, this is Dianabug's Mom. I LOVE all the pictures of cows you posted. I grew up on a Dairy Farm. We had only Holsteins. :) I really enjoy reading about your Farm Life. I miss my farm life.
Post a Comment