*Amid eating, sleeping and getting to know each other, Ella and I decided to take a few minutes, throw a blanket over a chair and have our first picture-snapping session.
You know, we originally put the name Ella on the name list as a "filler-name." That's right, it wasn't one that either of us really had strong opinions for. We saw it on a baby names website and added it to the list, just to have one more option for friends, family and blogging buddies to consider when placing their vote. Don't get me wrong, we thought it was pretty but honestly WE were just excited about the fact that we didn't know anyone with the name, or anyone who named THEIR baby Ella. The name originally appealed to us because it was a name with a "clean slate" in our minds.
Being the organized planner that I am, I was a little nervous to go to the hospital without making a final decision on a name. We took our list with us, including the results of the blog voting poll. I still had to keep reminding myself of the reassurring statements from friends, "Don't worry, when you see her you'll just know her name."
I still wondered if that would happen to ME.
Especially since Ben and I had our OWN favorites....
...and neither one of them was the name Ella.
Sure enough, when I first held her in my arms the name Ella just seemed to be the one. Nothing else really seemed to fit as well.
But, I was nervous.
"What is Ben going to think?" I thought to myself.
I was relieved to hear him say, "I hate to say it, Sweetie, but she's an Ella."
I was relieved to hear him say, "I hate to say it, Sweetie, but she's an Ella."
13 comments:
Congratulations Nancy, Ben & Hayden. She is just beautiful!! And she does look like an Ella!
She is just so sweet!
Oh she is so sweet. I love the name. She is so darn beautiful, I love her first picture shoot. Nice job. I knew you'd be able to decide when you saw her it is crazy how it just happens that way. :) That is what happened to us we just knew. :) Congrats, she is a cutie.
She is absukotly BEAUTIFUL.little girls are so much fun.Thankyou so much for allowing me to share in your wonderful merical.I love ya nancy.
P.S. The name fits her perfectly.
Congratulations, Brannon Clan! Ella is a lovely name for a very sweet and lovely little baby girl. What a wonderful thing to have an adorable boy with a new little sister!
She is adorable! Congratulations. How fun to have a little girl!
She is so beautiful! Congrats again. :)
Hi Ben and Nancy,
John just showed me your blog (I think that's what they call it) I love it! Ella is beautiful! We DO need to come and visit you guys. I think of you often, but I'm sooooo bad about keeping in touch
Love you guys,
Laurie Stone
what a beauty! and i love her name too! one of my brothers was officially named "Cody" at the hospital, but my mom just couldn't be at peace with it... he WAS MATT!! so she finally got it changed, but to this day his birth certificate says "Baby Boy" with an addendum saying Matthew! glad you got it worked out before all that.... she's lovely
She is so adorable!!!
Ella Grace is beautiful! She looks like her Mother!
Such a sweetie!! And man, she must be extra exhausted because she is really really beautiful!! Congrats!! Great photos too. :)
She is beauitful!!!!! I love the photo shoot they turned out great! How is life adjusting to having a baby around again? How is your little man taking it? Hope you guys are well and i love the name ELLA! great choice!
Post a Comment