
I've decided.....
That you can usually tell how busy I am (at a particular activity) by how many pictures I take.
And when we have a Fall Feast....
And invite 25 friends....
And make Pumpkin Cheesecake, Lemon Torte, and Apple Pie Turnovers....

And burry Chicken, Beef and a quarter of a Pig in the ground to slowly cook over the course of a couple of days.....
(yes, it's being served off the tailgate of a ranch truck...
...and yes, that's a work glove being used as a potholder...)

I simply have no time to take any more than just a few pictures of the entire day.
(..and now you've seen all of them.)
* * *
But living on a Ranch sure does set the stage for Fall:
We set up the tables in one of the shops because the crisp Fall breeze was just a wee-bit breezy for our plates of food.
As we sat and chatted, we listed to the cows mooing in the nearby corrals.
Four hours later I stood outside in the center of the Headquarters, gazed at the canopy of stars above, and listened to the group of kids play hide-and-seek in the darkness.
"No Pictures, Please!"

Although I DID have to take a picture to prove that our bionic garden is still producing beautiful squash....

Which sort of makes up for this:

We planted more than FIVE hills of pumpkins....
And enough seed to produce over 30-50 pumpkins.
(We were trying to have a pumpkin patch for our little Fall Festival.)
Unfortunately, this (above) was the one and only pumpkin to make it to the party.
It has got to be the ugliest pumpkin I have ever seen, but it sits proudly on our porch now.

We planted more than FIVE hills of pumpkins....
And enough seed to produce over 30-50 pumpkins.
(We were trying to have a pumpkin patch for our little Fall Festival.)
Unfortunately, this (above) was the one and only pumpkin to make it to the party.
It has got to be the ugliest pumpkin I have ever seen, but it sits proudly on our porch now.
3 comments:
I loved the pork the best anyone for second or thirds??anyone ??
everything was yummy thanks Nancy for all your prize winning efforts!!!
Oh my gosh, that sounds delicous!! And I love your proud, ugly pumpkin!
Hi Nancy. I've been totally MIA lastly. Thought I'd swing through and check out my regulars. I can't believe how big Ella has gotten!!! The bathroom post cracked me up. Hope all is well.
Adrienne
Post a Comment