Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Creepy-Crawlies

Check out this spider we saw (the other night) in one of the shops!

I did not have a zoom lens, so I actually tip-toed and bent-over the nasty thing in order to take this picture.
(It was about the size of a small lemon.)

I've held taranchulas in my hands.

They seem gentle.
Less like a spider and more like a small, hairy, gentle, slow-moving animal.

Really.


Is there such a thing as a blonde taranchula? How about an albino taranchula? (Oh wait, this one didn't have hair.)

Come to think of it, when we chased it away it ran SUPER fast (unlike all the slow-moving taranchulas I've always seen).


Well, then...I guess it was just a really huge spider.


Gross.

* * *

I told the kids to give me their best "Scary Face" in order to chase the spider away. This is what they came up with:



Erin's scary face (more like a SCARED face)...











Emma's scary face (reminds me of SNL's church lady face)...






Mia's scary face (the temporary tatoos might help instill a little fear)...




Hayden's scary face...





We'll keep working on it...













2 comments:

Brittany said...

uh... i can't believe how big hayden looks! he's getting big :( and if i saw that spider I. Would. Die. what the?!?!?! ewwww! (hear me screaming and running away?)

Shay said...

I think Erin wins with the scary faces, especially in the last picture...so funny, and very cute at the same time. That spider is disgusting!