Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hayden at the Historic Railroad Park in Willcox.


Hayden has always been fascinated with trains.
Actually, a little obsessed.
Before he could form sentances, he was pointing out the differences between steam engines, diesel engines and freight cars.
"Oh look!" I proclaimed to Hayden one day as we were stopped at a railroad crossing. "Look at the freight cars!"
"No mom," responded the (then) three year-old, "THOSE are passenger cars."
("Duuuh!" He seemed to say.)
I took a closer look.
He was right.
Could this be genetic?
My dad developed an obsession for trains too: Ever since he grew up near the railroad tracks in Missouri (during the 30's) with a father who worked for the Union Pacific.
The two of THEM (my dad and Hayden) get together regularly and compare their passions for trains. They lay on the floor, build tracks and play for hours.
However, those trains seem a little loud and scary in real-life, don't they?
(see below)


" I see a train coming!"



"Uh, Oh!"


"It's LOUUUUUD!"

2 comments:

Kristal said...

I remember how much he loved Thomas when you lived here. It's fun when they have something that excites them like that.

Heather Bower said...

My Cooper LOVES trains also. It's crazy cause we really never made a big deal about trains at all, but he is so in love with them. I'd love to take him on a really train someday.