We went to a parade a couple of weeks ago and I never blogged about it. I saw this picture and thought I would post it because it's patriotic and it was Veteran's Day yesterday. I know, I know...I'm running just a teensie-bit behind lately.
But while I'm at it, let me add a few more pictures and highlights from our day at the parade. After all, this WAS the first time we went to a parade in a small farming town:
Every parade HAS to let people show off their classic cars (I love Shelby Cobras).
But in a farming town, the parade ALSO has a designated section for classic TRACTORS.
These ones are called "Johnny Poppers" because they are really old John Deere tractors that sound like Jiffy-pop popcorn when they idle. (Pop....pop pop POP!)

Of course, the National Cowboy Club made an appearance.


The local politicians were out! This guy was running for County Supervisor. He stayed behind the animals and shoveled all the horse poop while his wife drove the quad.
Cle-ver!(I voted for him because let's face it: how can you NOT be a good County Supervisor with THAT kind of creativity?)

...AND how can you not have a parade (in "these parts") without a cowboy Ronald McDonald riding a miniature train?
2 comments:
That's a great picture of the flag rippling.
A politician shoveling poo? :D Very clever indeed.
Nancy, I have a cute pic of you all at the parade. I'll have to email to you when I get that additional piece of personal info from you, too. (Since I just added your blog and facebook all in one day.)
Also, Can I say that if I had a playlist on my blog I'd have those same exact Nickel Creek songs. I just love those kids. I felt you were my kindred spirit when I heard that :)
Post a Comment