Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tankenstein

Ben with the Farm Dogs


I just thought I would give you a little more perspective on Tank's size.
These pictures were taken yesterday, when Ben was working with the dogs on manners.
Tank (the South African Boerboel) is 18 months old and he is sitting next to full-grown Sunny. (a Lab?)

On this day, Ben was teaching the dogs to SLOWLY and GENTLY take treats from his hand.  They had to sit patiently and follow commands (even if Ben turned his back and walked away).  Ben was SHOCKED at how smart Tank acted.  He learned each behavior after only one try.  Sunny did well too, but it took her a few times to get it.



When Ben saw this picture he kept saying, "Tank looks like a polar bear!"
Ben is not tapping Tank's nose, he is telling him to sit.  Tank can smell the hot dog in Ben's hand.  He WAS able to fight the temptation and gently sat back down.



Muscles!

Remember: Tank is only 18 months old and is expected to fill-out a little more.  Tank reaches Ben's waist.

Tank was sitting just like this one time as I stood straight up and talked to him.  In a split-second, Tank stood on his back legs and licked the tip of my nose before I even had a chance to react.  Then he sat there with his tail wagging, as if to say, "Hah! Gotcha."







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! These pic's really show how big Tank is. BTW I love his name... it certainly fits him.

Kristal said...

Um yeah, I'd be skeered of him too. :D

Diana said...

Hubby was in awe of Tank. :D He's against dogs unless they have big places to play and so we won't have one any time soon. :( I LOVE hearing about Tank. What a smart, loving, protective guy! :D I'm so glad you have him!!