Monday, March 2, 2009

"Climb Every Mountain...."

Sunny and Tank: Enjoying the view and gazing toward Mexico.


I was a little nervous about being able to find a way to effectively drop the baby weight. With the nearest ice rink OVER THREE HOURS away, our Elliptical in "storage" and not a health club in sight, I knew I wouldn't be able to do "the usual" stuff to get my rear in gear.

As usual, however, living a Farm Life brought out the creative side yet again and I suddenly found an opportunity to be blessed by the plainness of the land.


So, every day I take THESE:



...and THIS:




...Filled with THIS:



...To the top of THIS:

It's a four-mile (round-trip) hike.

We start at the Ranch Headquarters and climb all the way to the base of the cell phone tower. You may need to "click to enlarge" in order to see the road (er...rocky GOAT TRAIL is more like it) to the top.

The dogs LOVE it!
We jog it (part of the way)...
...and I am once again reminded of my long ago love affair with hiking.
(I didn't realize I could love hiking in the high-desert just as much as trekking around the wooded Sierras back home in California.)


* * *


But how could you NOT enjoy it if the destination looked like THIS:













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree that the view is well worth the hike and it looks like Sunny and Tank are enjoying it as much as you.

Adrienne of Noon To Two and Handmade By Ade Etsy Shops said...

Wow! Your views are amazing. Good for you. Keep it up!

ps. Is it always so brown? Or is it the time of year? I can't remember where you live? Neat to see such a difference to my own.

Fullmer Family said...

You need to come up here and go hiking!! :) But you'll have to attach a picture of "bear spray" - who knows if that stuff really works... Cool pix!