Today's harvest sitting on the dining room table.
I'm afraid we have created a MONSTER!
People tried to warn us not to plant more than one or two zucchini plants. But on planting day those who were in charge of planting row #5 were just a little enthusiastic and ended up planting NINE (two to three seeds each). Do the math: we have somewhere between 18-27 plants (since nobody was designated as "plant thinner").
The plants started producing this week.
The monsoon season has also officially begun.
Take a look at the picture above. Every day we find that many zucchinis plus one or two more. The other thing I have learned about zucchinis is that if you DON'T pick them and leave them for one or two days then when the daily monsoon moves in, they soak up the rain and blow up like water balloons.
I wish you ALL lived close-by.
You would be receiving a bag full of fresh vegetables every day.
I'm making Stuffed Zucchini with these bad boys for dinner tonight.
Four rows of sweet corn.
Our first butternut squash is growing! That's going to make some yummy baby food, I hope.
(Note: Whoever was in charge of row #1 planted 6 of these (12-18).
HEEEEEEELP!!!
For some recipes and ideas of what the heck to do with zucchini, go HERE.
(I have it bookmarked.)
7 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE zucchini!!! Wish I lived closer so I could help you out with your "problem!" Ha ha. Glad to see you're still alive and well!
I love zucchini but mine isn't even blooming yet.. had to keep replanting them because the squirrels kept digging up the seeds and eating them.
If you have the freezer space.. chunk some up and freeze in zip bags.. they are delicious added to winter soup and can also be added to spaghetti sauce.
Enjoy
:D LOL And I thought I had a lot! :D It freezes pretty well if you shred it first. ;) I froze a bunch like that last year in 2 cup increments and made zucchini bread (with chocolate chips!) all winter. :D Geoff says they make great boats, too, if you have a fun place to float them! :D Good luck!!
I love your long hair! It has been awhile since I have seen you with a ponytail!
I hear you on the zucchini! Here is my post from last year with all my recipe ideas and other ways to unload your goods!
http://saraweaver.blogspot.com/2008/07/attack-of-endless-zucchini.html
love it! Was wanting some zucchini today, wish you were closer.
I need to plant a garden. We were just in Oklahoma and my in-laws had zucchini out the ear so we had fried zucchini it was so good.... Yummy.
Post a Comment