Miss Jane Doe
We went to a puppy mill yesterday....
and came home with a rescue dog.
With entirely way too many dogs in the "breeding program" we walked away with this one for free. She is a Bull Mastiff. Ever see the movie Turner and Hooch? Even though Hooch was technically a French Mastiff I have to say that every thing this one does reminds me of the movie.
We are going back for more later in the week.
I have never rescued a dog before, but it feels SO good. Taking this sweet girl out of the dirty 12 x 12 pen she has lived in during her three-year life was exhilarating. When we let her go at the ranch headquarters we watched intently to see what would happen. Running, sniffing and rolling around in the grass it was obvious she thought she had somehow made it to heaven. Within a few hours she was calming down.
One problem: She needs a new name to go along with her new life.
So, can you help me?
Because I need to go to town and make some dog tags for her.
And I'm tired of saying, "Come here dog."
(Vote now, since this poll will only be open for a limited time.)
I have to admit that I have never been attracted to the Brindle markings, but she is changing that. I thought it would be fun to name her a feminine name because she is such an intimidating-looking thing. So, VOTE now!
I LOVE this dog. I'm pretty sure she loves me too because when I went outside this morning to take her on a walk up the hill I found that she had left me a few gifts from overnight:
8 comments:
She reminds me of carmel and chocolate swirled together... Maybe Carmelita or Karma since you did a good deed for her and she's so happy now. :) Good luck! What a great thing to do!
I voted for Daisy, but maybe Scoobie would like Daphne.
My sister-in-law has a dog named dog. Strangely, it works!
Nancy, I have been blog-stalking you for a while now and have yet to leave a message; this seems to me the time to do it. I am sure you remember Sister C, well a few days ago I had her in the car with my family and I and we were having a silly discussion about wierd family dynamics and Sister C said that a family is NO family unless it has a Lucy in there somewhere!
By the way it is Melanie Fairfield waaay back from girls camp. You guys are amazing and well you always have been so it's not all that suprising!
Before I even read the last comment I was going to say Lucy. She just looks like a Lucy!
I think she looks like a "Marble" or "Granite" (could call her Granny lol), but since that's not on the list I voted for Daisy :D
So, I'm way late on here. Missing everything and trying to catch bits and pieces here and there.
Is she named? How about Millie?
I hope you post her photo again with the official name. Knowing me, I'll find it in a few months! :)
Adrienne
Me again. My three year old thinks she looks like a "Con-a-bowl." No idea how she came up with this one. I asked her what it means and she said, "A goggie's name."
So, there you have it. Conabowl.
Post a Comment