
www.jupiterimages.com
I remember the first time Rollerblades ran an ad on TV.
I tried to find it on the internet, but it does not exist (as far as I can see), so I'll explain it to you and maybe you'll remember.
It started with an Amish family in a one horse buggy, quietly driving down a rolling (paved) country road. Cutting back and forth between the family and a lonely rollerblader soaring down the same road. They pass each other in different directions. From here, my memory is fuzzy: I think the rollerblader looks back and a little Amish girl waves to him from the back of the buggy.
Cute commercial.
There's a paved road that runs next to our house. It's a luxury to have a paved road (that is NOT the main highway) in a farming town! I've started rollerblading down this street in the mornings, since I'm SO burned out with everything else.
Seriously.
I've always been really into health and fitness, so I thought my New Year's Resolution to get back into shape would be a snap....just like it usually is. NOT SO, this time. I'm sick of doing anything that gets my heart working, and all I want to do is bake Chocolate Chip Cookies. I'm not really sure how to handle this....any ideas?
So anyway, this first morning I walked out to the end of the driveway and bent over to lace my blades. Hardly anyone uses this route, at least not very often, so I sat out in the middle of the road since that would be easier than trying to balance on one foot in the gravel.
I looked up and noticed a huge red semi-truck turing onto the road in the distance. Eventhough he was still a ways away, there's just something creepy about sitting in the middle of a road, in a spot that you know is about to be driven over by a semi (who you're not exactly sure can see you). Letting out a little "Uh-Oh," I jumped up and hobbled over to the side.
I was on the road for at least 30 minutes. During that time NOBODY else came by, so I spent the entire time blading down the middle of the road. I did, however, come face to face with the red semi again just before I got back to the driveway. This time, with a full load, we passed each other and waved.
Plus the gust of wind he created, although it almost knocked me off the road, DID give me quite the extra resistance workout for just a few seconds.
1 comment:
I tell my clients not to deprive themselves of their indulgences. One of them loves cookies and what she does is makes the dough and freezes it, then when she has the urge she only takes enough dough for a few - that way you don't have the temptation of eating the whole batch. By the way, thanks for the homeplans link - we are getting ideas from it for the remodel and I have not given up on the indoor slide.
Post a Comment