Monday, January 7, 2008

6 Years of Sunshine!


Where were you on Groundhog's Day (February) 2001?

I was at the ice rink (of course). It was just another Friday morning coaching at the rink, except (little did I know) that I was about to meet my sweetheart.

I saw his sillouette standing by the "Skate Rental" watching me warm-up alone on the foggy sheet of ice. We were the only ones there at the time. Eventhough all I could see (at first) was an unfamiliar shadow, I had a strong feeling that he was going to be someone special in my life.

We were married a year later in January 2002.

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary, but since we were in the middle of a long voyage back home after our Christmas break, yelling "Happy Anniversary" to each other while running to the boarding gate at the airport was just about the extent of our celebration.

Wait, I take that back.....
Thanks be to David for secretly telling the servers at "The Rainforest Cafe" in Seattle about our Anniversary so that they could suprise us with a bowl of whipped cream and two candles sticking out of the top.

I still think we deserved the big chocolate volcano dessert they give to "the birthday customers." Jipped!

However, listening to the Safari Servers sing and clap for us while everyone at the table snapped cell phone pictures by candlelight (under the hanging vines and swinging monkeys) was...well...Romantic? No. But definately a sweet memory.

Well, anyway....

Ben,
I love you.
Thanks for being my best friend.
Happy Anniversary.

4 comments:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

That picture is priceless.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! What a classic, huh? We get a lot of compliments on that one when it's hanging on the wall.

The funny thing is that the picture was a total mistake. Everyone just happened to be doing the right stuff at the right time. Ben's dad snapped it. He was planning on just taking a picture of our backs as we walked side by side.

There's no way we would have been able to pose for it or re-enact that moment....I'm thankful it was caught and frozen forever!

XYZinn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We are celebrating our 6th in a month!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo!

Happy anniversary!!!