Friday, February 8, 2008

The Pied Pizza Piper of The West

~Photo by Nancy

I'm scared of big animals.

Except for the time that I rode on the back of an elephant when I was 13 years old, but she was a sweetheart! She appeared in the first Star Wars movie: Remember the big wolley mamouth-like Bantha on the desert planet Tatouine? (I asked Ben for that Star Wars trivia.) Well, that was an elephant in a costume. Anyway.....

The other day Ben and I were driving around a farm that we're thinking of buying. It's not a farm YET, though, it's a RANCH....big difference:

A FARM grows PLANTS to eat,
A RANCH grows MEAT to eat.


So as we drove around the "outback" we came across a water hole where a bunch of Black Angus cows were hanging out. The water hole is a "happening place," you know; a watering hole to a cow is like a pizza joint for a teenager.

As we came closer to the area, all the cows turned around and started heading toward us. Soon they were completely surrounding the SUV and WOULD NOT MOVE. They literally "stopped us in our tracks". We realized our sudden popularity was due to the fact that they thought we were bringing them food.

The hovering group seemed intent on stopping our vehicle, so we had to start nudging them with the front of our grill. Soon we broke through the sea of cattle and continued on our way with them following behind us. When we drove forward, they followed and when we stopped, they stopped and waited. Since I was too much of a chicken to get out of the car and mingle amongst them, I stuck my head out the window and snapped a picture (above). Then I snapped another picture as we continued to "herd" a few more in front of us (below). (Look at the snow on the mountains in the background....pretty.)

And suddenly, I found myself craving a pizza.

~Photo by Nancy

The End.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are hilarious! I do not blame you for not getting our of the car. What a completely different world it is down there. I would love to come visit and just what life is like down there.

Anonymous said...

Come on down!!!

Word to the wise though....
We are building a house this year, so it may be a better idea to wait just a bit. Plus we'll have more animals for the kids to look at and play with.

:-)

Everyone's invited...
just let me know first.