Friday, February 22, 2008

Up-and-Coming Comedian

~Photo by Nancy

Sometimes I wonder if there is a "Class-Clown" Tendancy in our family gene pool.

Up until recently, though I believed it had skipped me.

Although I was always the serious, shy, studious-minded girl, sometimes I look around and realize that I'm surrounded by comedians both in my biological family AND my "married fam" as well.  Even my own brother has his own Stand-Up Comedy hobby.

This seems to be rubbing off on me lately since that filter is starting to come down (due to the fact that I care less and less about what people think of me).  The gene is beginning to show it's mischievous face more and more and at times I vocalize what I'm really thinking, I hear people laughing, and I wonder in amazement, "Did I really just SAY that?"

So, considering the branches of Hayden's family tree, it is no surprise to us that he is not only developing an amazing talent for impersonations, but he is also starting to write his own "material" for entertainment.

While riding in the car the other day, Hayden piped up and shared his debut original joke with the rest of us:

Q: "Why did the doctor eat the banana?"
A: "Because he was hungry!"

Hayden THEN proceeded to belly laugh, as though that was the funniest thing he had ever heard, which made US laugh with him.  Thinking he was JUST THAT FUNNY, he decided to tell the same joke again.

Photo: www.jupiterimages.com


Alright, so it needs a little work, but I think he MAY be off to budding career...
...or at least many years of family entertainment.


No comments: