
~Photo by Nancy
I took this picture with the help of my new tripod and the camera's timer. While trying to get a good shot, however, I had to set the timer and then frantically run into place in a panic before hearing the "click" sound of the shutter.
I ended up tripping over rocks during a couple of tries and then running through a small thorn-ridden Mesquite bush, slashing through my ankles. I was amazed at how big the thorns were on such a new plant!
(Perhaps that's why there's a slight grimace on my face and why Ben looks like he's holding back a big belly laugh. Hayden is just standing there, shocked at what he just witnessed.)
If you want to see what a Mesquite looks like, click HERE and scroll down half-way to see the "thorny armament" picture.
After that, we took THIS picture and I proclaimed we were officially done for the day.
Oh well...Maybe we'll try again after I heal.
2 comments:
I love it!
I never would have guessed all that. It's truly a great photo. Of course, I'm a huge critic of my own photos and see more in the photo because I known the story behind it.
Great pics of the fam.
You are right, I am very envious because as I type this the snow is falling again - more snow in the past week then in Jan. alone - ugh.
It looks like you recovered well from the Mesquite bush just in time.
Post a Comment