Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rink Rats

Hayden watching "Stick Time" (hockey) and drinking hot chocolate with a buddy after the public session.





This group of birthday party girls (ages 5-7) decided to "teach" Hayden how to skate. He played along. He also let them all go on the ice first while saying, "Ladies first." He then turned around and yelled, "MOM! AM I BEING A GENTLEMAN?"



My new skating buddy.



When Hayden tried to get "whiny" I led him out to the hockey box and then left him there. After hitting everyone up for a "free ride" he finally came out of the box and got back to work. His attitude always seemed to improve when he had to figure it out himself. All of a sudden, he was magically having a great time.




Grandpa came to visit. Public sessions are usually very entertaining to observe.


The key is to start 'em young. In this case: 10 months old.






As I soared around the sheet of ice, Ella would giggle while feeling the wind on her face and the butterflies in her tummy....I think she liked it.





And, at the end of the day, Hayden is always ready to "strike a pose"
(of course).








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast your children are growing.. their both so sweet