Saturday, July 28, 2007

Backyard Get-Away


Have you ever gone somewhere and felt like you stepped into a brochure for some far away place?

We did...and the best part is that it's only 30 minutes away from the farm.

The town is called Bisbee. It seems to have a European ambiance since the buildings are over 100 years old, and the entire town is built into the mountains. During the 1800's, Bisbee was settled as a mining town. Copper is still (literally) spilling out of the mountains. Now it has become a gathering place for "folks of the hippie-type". This isn't a big deal for me since, remember, I was raised by hippies.

The winding streets are lined with boutiques and galleries. Inside every door is a new adventure. Between restaurants, cafes, ice cream shops, and festivals, Bisbee has become the regular place for our "date nights".

I have a feeling we will be making lots of visits and telling lots of stories about Bisbee on this site. For now, I will just share a few pictures and experiences so far.

I wonder how many cars, horses and trollies have driven through these streets since 1880. (Yes, Bisbee used to have streetcar trollies.)



This picture is a total reflection of Bisbee: Two hippies getting into a 60's bug, parked on the street next to a $120,000 Mercedez. Classic! (Click on the picture and notice the hippie crusty" I received for snapping a picture!)



We went on a double date with our friends, Lane and Shanda, last weekend. Shanda found these cool flowers. We've never seen these teeny-tiny bouquet-like gems before, have you?



No comments: