Do you like my goulish witch shoes and Beetlejuice stockings?
I'm playing a witch for Halloween this year.....
....and I'm also the activities' committee for our church.
Yes, that's right....
I am not ON the committee....I AM the committee.
I felt quite a responsiblity in this position. With the majority of the congregation being retired, this particular chapel (in this particular farming town) hasn't had a Halloween activity for the kids in a number of YEARS.
Being the festive diva that I am, I decided to take the ball and run with it.
"Showtime" (Beetlejuice reference) was last night....and I ALMOST didn't make it out of bed this morning for church.
Despite my adoration for the fall holidays, this week has left me feeling about Halloween, what I feel like the day after Christmas. I am SO exhausted after this Fall Festival, that I am ready to throw away the candy, pack up the decorations, and take a big nap!
We had a lot of fun, though. These were some of our carnival activities:
*Face Painting
*Bobbing for Apples
* Cake Walk
*Bean Bag Toss
*"Fishing for Treats" Fish Pond.
*Festive Fall Photos
...and More!
I'm pretty positive everyone had a blast...and if they DIDN'T, it was their own fault.
(I've never painted so many Jack-o-lanterns and ghosts on cheeks before in my life!)
"This was a great activity," one said. "Let's do this same thing again next year, except next time let's add a haunted house in the cave-like basement of the church."
Thinking of repeating this week and adding more activities makes me tired.
"I'm ready for my nap now."
Happy Halloween!

And I love this "wicked" hat I bought off of eBay!
No comments:
Post a Comment