
Do you remember about a month ago, when I posted the blog about the Mountain Lion?
For a reminder, check it out here.
Well...
There's more to the story....
Last week, a friend of ours (after hearing us tell the story the day before) came up to us at the Homecoming Football game.
"Guess what I saw on the road just after sunrise this morning?"
(She told me to guess, so that's what I did:)
"A helamonster... A tortoise... A snake.... An illegal hitch-hiker..."
I started throwing guesses in her direction. She just shook her head and got a big grin on her face.
"TWO baby mountain lion cubs waddling across the street and moving like a couple of baby bears. They were crossing the highway into the farm....into your field to the north. They can't be more than a few weeks old. They were so cute!"
CUTE!
I'm sure they were to her, but I was less enthusiastic. I could feel the "Oh, GREAT!" look wash across my face.
Those little cubs are going to grow and now we can say that we have THREE (living in the corn field) on the farm, at least! The corn harvest is going to start soon. THEN where are they going to go?
I HOPE they go toward the Chiricahua Mountains that are just east of the farm....isn't that where they're SUPPOSED to be anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment