Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Break


I've been a little ABSENT lately, and have taken a break from the blog community.
During my time away I HAVE, in fact, kept myself very busy.


Over the past 10 days, I have:

* Organized the closets

* Sorted over 600 pictures (from my birth through adulthood) for scrapbooking and family archiving

* Spent a LOT of money on eBay

* Become the new reigning TETRIS champion of our household (two times)

* Sewn the tops to TWO twin-sized patchwork quilts

* Applied for Passports for our family

* Made three full-length kitchen aprons

* Learned how to make apple pie....from SCRATCH!

* Bought a Sony Handycam Camcorder--NOT from eBay

* Planned a Halloween/Fall Festival for our church

* BAKED two apple pies....from scratch (just for practice)

* Reviewed a bizillion house floorplans

*Lost 5 pounds without even trying (YeeHaw!)



It's been a good week, don't you think?

7 comments:

Annie M. said...

You made 2 apple pies (and I am assuming you ate some of them) and lost 5 lbs without even trying? I hate you!!!!

You should post pictures of your quilts you little D.G. you!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! I can't believe it either. Trust me....that is NOT the "norm"! I think it's all the sewing...it may burn more calories than we think!

Diana said...

By the way, maybe there's more to your "sewing makes you lose weight" theory than you think! I mean, I sew almost every day and I can't keep any weight on if I try. (Not as big of a blessing as you might think) ;)

Diana said...

It's been a while since I sat down to read your blog. Let's be honest, it's been a while since I sat down long enough to do something for myself at all! :) You are incredible! You just have this aura around you that I can still feel reading your words. I love all the pictures of you! Your family is just so perfect together. I LOVE the pictures of you ice skating- I still remember doing that with you. Oh man, do I ever love your bookshelves!! I'm so impressed! If we ever get to move, I want to do things like that, but it will be more like making my hubby build it and I'll paint it or something. ;) I loved your blog a while ago about the Pottery Barn quilts. I, too, use that catalog as a catalyst for ideas. :) I have, since then, been planning my kids' quilts for our new house. I admire you so much and I love reading your blog!

Annie M. said...

OK I don't buy the sewing things because I sew too and nada. Diana- my grandma Ruth Bryan is neighbors with your in-laws in Erda! Lucie P. and I discovered that years ago when she and Nancy and I were roommates at BYU! Small world.

XYZinn said...

Sounds exhausting! That is great that you lost 5 pounds. I love it when that happens without even trying. Don't you just love "fall" food like apple pie and soup. I have been making some really yummy soup lately.

Ashley said...

You just would not be you if you were not busy doing something and something I mean doing things to or around your house! :)