
If you know me well, or have been to my house, then you know that I am a sucker for Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids.
Just because I love the style does NOT mean, however that I buy everything in my house from PB...I just use them as my inspiration and have become a good "copy cat."
Lately I have been checking out PBK's vintage-style quilts and secretly admiring them. Now that we live on a farm (and I speak French), we have somewhat of a french country-style flare in our interior decor. I have been planning the kids' bedrooms, but have run into some problems.
Problem #1: How do I plan for the gender and bedroom decor when we don't have all of our kids in the house yet. How many boys? How many girls? Who will share a room? I need to coordinate the colors at least a LITTLE, but who and with what? (Okay, okay, I know....I take interior decorating a little serious, but you get my point.)
Problem #2: I can't find any of these popular-styled quilts anywhere but through PBK, much less for under $200 for a twin. I'm going to have to buy a few of these at a time to make sure they are coordinated, at least a little.
Problem #3: I don't quilt. I've tried. It's not "my thing." Quilting all those teeny-tiny stitches....It stresses me out just thinking about it.
Pondering this in my mind for days, I was suddenly introduced (by CJane) to a blog by KM. This girl has talent! As I browsed around her fabulous website, I came across instructions for vintage-style patchwork quilts that she so generously shared with the world. I feel blessed, so I'm passing it on to you. You know, just in case some of you are looking for answers to YOUR prayers about quilts, as I know so many of you are. :-)
I'm not a quilter, but I can sew. If you can sew straight lines on a sewing machine, then you can make this quilt. Kelly does a great job of sharing tips and tricks and gives step-by-step instructions with pictures.
She will tell you the secrets of how to get the quilting stitch look, as well as how to give the quilt that textured shrink look, and more! Her instructions are for a baby quilt, but you can use the idea for a twin quilt too...just add more squares when you're laying out the squares. How big? I've heard it's a good idea to use a FLAT SHEET of the size you want (just rememeber to make allowances for how much of the square the seams will take up when sewing (1/4 inch on each side of each square).
If you would like just the Patchwork Baby Quilt Instructions, then click HERE.
If you would like to visit her blog site, which is rich in information about her other projects, then click HERE.
Thank You, Kelly!
No comments:
Post a Comment