Monday, August 27, 2007

Honest Self-Reflection.


I wonder if Hayden knows himself better at age 4 than I know myself at 30.

The following is an actual conversation that took place last night at bedtime. The part of Ben will be represented by "Daddy".

Hayden: Daddy, I can sound like a birdie....TWEET, TWEET, TWEET!
Daddy: Oh good job! Now what does a dog say?
Hayden: WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!

Daddy: And what does a a cow say?
Hadyen: MOOOO......MOOOOO!

Daddy: And what does Hayden say?
Hayden: Hayden says "I don' WANNA eat my dinner!"

If you have been around Hayden at dinner time, you will realize how hillarious this is, especially coming out of HIS mouth! Every other meal is fine, but dinner is always a battle.

Sometimes I wish adults were in the habit of being that honest with themselves and about the world.

1 comment:

Jason White said...

Nancy that is so awsome, I do the same thing with my son(23 mths)however his response to all animals or people is growl.. growl, or woof.. woof. Boys are hilarious!!