
No, I have not given up on blogging, nor will I EVER run out of stuff to talk about in farm life. Our past week was spent in Kansas City, Missouri, but now.....
....We're BAAAAAAACK!
So, enjoy this Top Ten List of memories from KC (NOT to be confused with KFC):
#10. Being stalked by the creepy guy when I was all alone at the pool (minding my own business in my bikini) trying to get a tan. That was NOT cool!
#9. Finally having an opportunity to wear my most favorite-est, chunkiest, heaviest, coolest wooden disco platform shoes ever! (Not a lot of times where these are appropriate on the farm!)
#8. Whitnessing Mike, secure in his manhood, painting his toenails to match the bride's. That's SASSY!
#7. Embracing my "scumness" after playing President into the wee hours of the morning for four days.
Serendipity
Check out these cool pictures that 14 year-old Tori captured while playing with my camera.
"Tori: I see a budding photography talent, girlfriend!"#6. Eating Ben and Jerry's "Phish Food" ice cream for breakfast.
#5. Watching Tori get her ears pierced a second time.
Question for Tori: "So, do I get a Mafia nickname too, or is that just for the boys? You know that (I myself, having my second piercing at age 13) would have voted a confident "YES", had I been invited into the huddle. Think about it!"
#4. Playing Checkers at The Cracker Barrel:
(Ben is worried about losing his Checkers champion crown...I can see it on his face!)
#3. Stuffing our faces with 14 different kinds of meat at the Brazillian Rodizio Grill. Eventhough I moaned the rest of the night in "I-ate-too-much agony" and had to be careful not to laugh too hard out of fear of exploding under the pressure, would I have chosen to do anything else besides spend such a great evening with friends? Nao Obrigado!
#2. Being with Buddies!
("Um....did anyone else realize the wedding photographer was being silly behind us?")
#1. Sharing a day with our friends, believing it was their wedding day, and then realizing at the reception (along with everyone else) that they had already been married for two months after a trip to Vegas?
Priceless!
"Congradulations Jimmy and Lesa.....Ya got us...and we're SO happy for you!"
2 comments:
I LOVE weddings. My favorite part is getting dressed up and eating the wedding cake! Who is Tori? Is that your niece? I have never been to Kansas. What was it like?
You are such a good blogger. I can't believe you write almost every day. I don't feel like I have that much to say. :)
Tori is our really good friend's (Mike's) daughter....so she's ALSO our really good friend. Sometimes I forget she ISN'T my neice because it feels like we're all family.
thanks for your nice comment about the blog!
Post a Comment