Thursday, February 14, 2008

~Photo by Nancy

We woke up Saturday morning to something we don't see very often down here....

Snow!

This only happens about once or twice a year. Last year, 8 whole inches blanketed this valley. On that special occasion a year ago, most parents let there kids stay home from school for the morning, so they could play in the snow before it melted.

We witnessed almost 2 inches this time, but by the time I got everyone together it was already melting at warp speed.

We walked to the Pecan Grove and snapped some pictures of the beautiful majestic trees. This grove is (literally) across the street from our house.

I love living next to a pecan grove. I love listening to their music when the wind gently brushes past their branches. I love listening to the owls softly "hooting" in the dark; owls LOVE pecan trees too.








2 comments:

Annie M. said...

How pretty. That top picture if frame-worthy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Annie!

I like that you like my pictures. :-)