
Since we live 5 minutes from the Community Park in town AND since the weather is getting so nice, we have developed a habit of going to the Park every afternoon before dinner.
It has recently become a family activity, since I have realized the need to make Ben take a break from work. The other day I went up to him while he was on a call and announced, "I'm kicking you off the phone so you can spend time with your family." (In case you haven't been around us: When Ben is working, it is not uncommon for him to be on the phone for 4-6 hours a day--sometimes more...JUST on the phone.)
During this trip to the park, I had witnessed something I had never seen in all the years I have been with Ben. While Hayden played on the slide, Ben and I played on the swings. I showed him a few of my tricks from Elementary School. I flipped upside-down, swinging with no hands and holding on with my legs and dangling like a trapeez artist. Ta Dah!
And then, Ben pulled out the big guns...
Swinging really high he announced he was going to flip OFF the swings. My sudden nervousness pulled me back to reality and away from childhood flashback. "No, really, you don't have to impress me!" I begged him not to do it, out of fear for permanent injury. "You aren't in 4th grade anymore....you're 34!" I screamed, but it was too late.
He flipped over backwards and everything seemed to switch to slow-motion. I was afraid I was about to witness something catastrophic, so I held my breath. Unable to stand the pressure, I finally let out a squeal of fear. Although his adult hips didn't slide through the chains like they did in 4th grade, he WAS able to pull off the stunt and (sort of) land on his feet.
Amazing!
I'm so glad I found Ben and married him before he had a chance to run off with the Circus!
:-)
1 comment:
I remember swing like that Itk I tried to show my boys how to do it a few years ago, but alas, my age HAS caught with me and I was unable to pull it off. Maybe I'll try again when we go to the park this week.
Hayden you're such a cutie!
Post a Comment