Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Fish Tale - Part II

This is a mommy Otter holding a baby and hanging out in a kelp bed.
*Photo by Nancy


After two days of fishing on the ocean,
This is what we ended up with...

15 Halibut "Chickens"






14 Sharks






3 Irish Lords
(These are the ugliest fish; with HUGE gaping mouths and poisonous spines.)




1 Sting Ray ("Skate")
(Read the whole story HERE.)





1 Sea Cucumber


"...and a partridge in a pear tree."
(Everything except the Halibut went back to the ocean.)




4 comments:

Dana said...

You really did not need to put the Irish Lords back in the deep. Aren't they ugly!!

Brittany said...

holy cow!! i cannot believe that!?!?! do you know i have never fished in my life?? i know, i'm weird.

Dreamer said...

That looks so cool. I'd love to go fishing in the ocean in Alaska. But thanks to your blog I can live vicariously through you, so thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Ben!

It was quite a surprise to see your comment on our (Natalie's) blog. I still haven't figured out how blogs work yet. It was good to here from you.

Oh how I miss the good ol' days of fishing in AK. I envy that you were able to go home for a while.

I can't believe you had a stroke. I'm actually a speech therapist and work with people who have strokes here in cool Payson.

David