"Well, yes I do, actually...."
Yesterday was hayden's birthday. He's now 4 years old, and I can't believe how fast time flies!
We made cupcakes together. He poured in the oil, water, and eggs. He put the papers in the pan. He was VERY helpful....and VERY grown-up.
We decorated cupcakes with a few friends and he opened a few presents. It was a good day...but even HE doesn't realize what a lucky charmed day it really was. Let me explain.....
A friend came over to get her hair cut a few weeks ago. She has four sons: all of whom are in Little League. They were having a raffle to earn money for their club.
Before she left, she asked me to buy the tickets...one for each boy.
"Well, how about if I just discount your haircut from what I normally charge people who come to my house and you can just throw in four tickets for me. Even?" She agreed.
Yesterday, I got a call.
Ben answered and after a pause said, "It's for you, Nanc...it's the Little League."
I had forgotten about the raffle and wondered for a second if they had found out I had a little boy and were trying to get new members. It's a small town.
"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Ruth with the town Little League. You entered a drawing a few weeks ago and it looks like you won the grand prize."
"Oh yeah? What is it?"
"A 42-inch plasma TV."
("YAAHOOOO!!!")
This is the part where I started jumping up and down, while running around the house, yelling,
"I WON A TV...I WON A PLASMA!"
"I WON A TV...I WON A PLASMA!"
I decided that since we already have a 52-inch plasma for our family room, AND considering the fact that it was drawn on Hayden's birthday, the plasma will go in the playroom. Irish family....Irish name....Hayden's my lucky star.
1 comment:
Hey Nancy, I say your profile on classmates website & thought is so great to hear about your life. I was glad to hear that you still ice skate, I can remember like it was yesterday when our class went to the rink & you were bustin out you skills. How cool to get to go to the winter Olympics "why am I not surprised". I too live in Southern AZ with my wife & 2 children, one of whom is only a few weeks old. Well I just wanted to send you a quick note & if you would like to reply back I would enjoy hearing back from you. My blog is Southernsnowboarder.blogspot.com Take care, Jason White
Post a Comment