Friday, July 27, 2007

"Happy (30th) Birthday To Me!"


Last night (while Ben was in bed trying to heal) Hayden and I stayed up late, baked a chocolate cake from scratch, and played "trains". If I knew how, I would have baked a cake like THIS one.

Once again, the birthday celebration has been post-poned until Thanksgiving Day, due to a medical emergency.
Meet us at Disneyland...Thanksgiving Day.

When I was in 5th grade, I remember it being a cool thing to pass the "decade mark". My friends and I would proudly proclaim we were "a decade". Now, after the third time around, it doesn't seem so magically amazing anymore.

Or DOES it?

What IS amazing is taking a step back and camparing myself over the years so far (which I did at midnight last night). I realized that I'm pretty happy with who I am becoming. I'm more comfortable in my skin and confident in myself than I was in my twenties. That was something that I always hoped to develop. I still have to work on it, but I can see it.

I'm also happy with my perspective and the goals I have for the next ten years. From what I can see so far, I think my 30's are going to be pretty cool; full of new experiences, goals, lessons, and adventures.

Stay tuned to find out what I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't do more for your Birthday

Jason White said...

Nancy, when I turned 30 was in December & I was actually up on Mt Lemmon doing some snowboarding. Well by about mid-day I had taken some pretty nasty spills. (which is typical) I called Linda & told her for the first time in my life I actually felt my age. It was a sad day, lol. Happy Birthday

Dana said...

Hi Nancy - I am a friend of Ben's from Anchorage. Wow, he will go to such lengths to avoid a proper 30th Birthday at Disneyland. Do hope he is doing better and will be out on his tractor soon. Good thing you have Hayden to pick up the slack. Let him know that Battleship says hi and watch his eyes pop out when you do. Although do not believe a word of the "guys" version of Battleship - I have not even heard it, but am guessing is full of exaggerated untruths. Gary is back home from Iraq - I told him about Ben's injuries and he forgot to call that night. I am sure he will need a break from visiting old hauntings with Snowball and give him a call - yes, he deserves some rifting for forgetting. I have read some of your blog - you tell great stories and sounds like you are having a wonderful farm adventure. - Dana