Do you remember THIS story; when I popped some ribs out of place after being thrown across the room?
Well, the day before flying away for our big "Christmas Vacation", I did something I have never done before, and swore I never would.
I went to the Chiropractor.
My back cramped up again. After two days, I was in such agony that I couldn't lay down, dress myself or take a deep breath. I was in so much constant pain that I rocked from side to side while standing, unable to sit still...even for a second. Desperate, I decided to visit the Chiropractor.
The idea of going to a Chiropractor has always scared me. Cracking bones, just sounds a little weird to me and since I had heard a few horror stories, I decided that I would never step foot in a Chiropractic office. However, I knew that going to the ER would most likely result in a Cortisone shot. Somewhere I could hear my cartiladge pleading with me to try the Chiropractor first.
I listened.
Not able to play "tough" anymore, I broke. After not sleeping for three days, I begged Ben to help me find relief while tears streamed down my face. I took a Vicadin, since we had some left over from Ben's fire accident. It didn't even TOUCH the pain.
After dropping Hayden off at a babysitter, we drove to the Chiropractor (in the city) that everyone raves about. During the consultation I painfully tried to sit still as he felt up and down my spine.
"Well to start off, I feel five ribs out of place right here on the left side (all the ones behind the shoulderblade)."
Unfortunately, I had to lay down on my stomach, which was so excrutiating that my whole body shook while I yelled and gasped through grinding teeth. Ben tried to crack a joke. He received the same response that my Labor and Deliver nurse got when she tried to tell me "it's not that bad" during a particularly intense labor contraction. I didn't remember this, but was later told by witnesses that I (the sweet, kind, modest-speaking girl) "turned into Satan" and spewed some vulgar language.
I am ashamed to admit that, but it's true:
Intense pain which inhibits my ability to breath makes me grumpy.
It's now 9 days later. I was able to lay down last night for the first time in 13 days. The ribs are back in place, but there was SO much inflamation, that it has taken a long time to sooth the angry muscles and nerves.
I'm hoping I get feeling back into my two left-hand fingers which are currently tingly...it's really hard to type without feeling the keys!
I'll admit it: I was wrong about the Chiropractor. I'm going to visit him on a regular basis and even put him on my Christmas card list!
I wonder when his birthday is.
Well, the day before flying away for our big "Christmas Vacation", I did something I have never done before, and swore I never would.
I went to the Chiropractor.
My back cramped up again. After two days, I was in such agony that I couldn't lay down, dress myself or take a deep breath. I was in so much constant pain that I rocked from side to side while standing, unable to sit still...even for a second. Desperate, I decided to visit the Chiropractor.
The idea of going to a Chiropractor has always scared me. Cracking bones, just sounds a little weird to me and since I had heard a few horror stories, I decided that I would never step foot in a Chiropractic office. However, I knew that going to the ER would most likely result in a Cortisone shot. Somewhere I could hear my cartiladge pleading with me to try the Chiropractor first.
I listened.
Not able to play "tough" anymore, I broke. After not sleeping for three days, I begged Ben to help me find relief while tears streamed down my face. I took a Vicadin, since we had some left over from Ben's fire accident. It didn't even TOUCH the pain.
After dropping Hayden off at a babysitter, we drove to the Chiropractor (in the city) that everyone raves about. During the consultation I painfully tried to sit still as he felt up and down my spine.
"Well to start off, I feel five ribs out of place right here on the left side (all the ones behind the shoulderblade)."
Unfortunately, I had to lay down on my stomach, which was so excrutiating that my whole body shook while I yelled and gasped through grinding teeth. Ben tried to crack a joke. He received the same response that my Labor and Deliver nurse got when she tried to tell me "it's not that bad" during a particularly intense labor contraction. I didn't remember this, but was later told by witnesses that I (the sweet, kind, modest-speaking girl) "turned into Satan" and spewed some vulgar language.
I am ashamed to admit that, but it's true:
Intense pain which inhibits my ability to breath makes me grumpy.
It's now 9 days later. I was able to lay down last night for the first time in 13 days. The ribs are back in place, but there was SO much inflamation, that it has taken a long time to sooth the angry muscles and nerves.
I'm hoping I get feeling back into my two left-hand fingers which are currently tingly...it's really hard to type without feeling the keys!
I'll admit it: I was wrong about the Chiropractor. I'm going to visit him on a regular basis and even put him on my Christmas card list!
I wonder when his birthday is.
I'm hoping I finish healing today. We are in Washington; on an island north of Seattle and about 30 minutes from Canada. A fresh layer of powder is blanketing the mountains and they're calling to me...they want us to come snowboarding and sledding!
I'd like to listen to them.
1 comment:
That is so fun you guys were in Washington for Christmas and that you had snow! I bet there is no snow in southern Arizona!
We stayed here for x-mas and then went to Montana on the 27th. I just loved, loved, loved being with my family and 4 of my sisters. I wish I didn't have to come home and back to reality.
I'm glad your ribs are back in place and hope they don't give you any more problems. :)
Post a Comment