Of course, being the little social butterfly that he is, Hayden is quick to greet other kids and to get busy playing with them...no matter WHERE we are. Sometimes the other kids are a little shy, but that melts away and they are soon play buddies.
Do you think there could be that same connection between animal kids and human kids?
This Fillie's name is Zia.
Zia can be a little sassy at times.
...Okay.....all the time.
Zia likes to nip and nibble whenever fingers are in range. (Ouch!)
She often likes to just keep her distance. If SHE doesn't keep her distance, then her mommy (Belle) will many times stand in between Zia and whoever is standing at the corral fence.
It's a different story with Hayden, though....
Always has been.
When Zia sees Hayden coming, she greets him at the fence. He climbs up between the green posts, rubs her face and says, "Hello!" She sniffs his shirt and gently snuggles with him. Belle seems to not mind, and goes about her business.
Do you think she understands the bond between two "kids?"
Often Zia will then try to show-off for Hayden (just like kids do sometimes). She will start running around the corral and kicking her back legs into the air. Then, she will come back over and snuggle with Hayden again. If he sticks his fingers in front of her mouth, she sniffs at him and coaxes him to pet her again.
She seems to be much calmer.
Do you think that Zia sees Hayden as someone "her size?"
Picking "flowers" (grass) for Zia.
A common picture: Following Daddy and "helping".
4 comments:
how sweet is THAT?? love it
Nancy, all I can say is I'm so jealous! What a great life and adventure you're having.
Too cute. I know the feeling. We have had our horse, Shadow since she was a baby and she and Doodle still have a special bond. I love Shadow for that.
Nancy, It's Erin (old figure skating friend). I'm so jealous you live on a farm...mostly for the animal friends you get to make. How awesome!!! I'm also so glad you have a blog so I can keep up on your life. Life sounds good for you :)
Post a Comment