Watering the spot for the future 1/4-acre family garden at the headquarters. Those little storage tanks are for fuel (one diesel, one unleaded) because that's what you do in farm life: buy fuel in bulk and store it around the farm.
Well, it's spring time on the farm....
So it's time to grow something.
We've decided to have a big family garden this year...
It's about a quarter-acre.
I've learned that it is pretty handy to prep the ground for a family garden when you live on a farm.
This is what you do:
Step 1. Water the ground (it isn't city water, so it's free).
Step 2. Hook the ripper up to the tractor.
Step 3. Drive the tractor around the designated spot (it's doesn't take long).
Voila!
Ground is prepped and ready for rows.
Although THIS area has never been gardened before, so we uncovered a few surprises:
And some old tree roots.
(yes, that's Ella being carried in my sling)
Luckily, I received more help from three-year old Erin...
Than I did from Tank...
4 comments:
That reminds me of when I lived in CA and my house had been build on a land fill.. every time I dug a flowerbed I'd find old watches, dishes and what have you.
Good luck on your garden.. it seems like everyone is gardening this year.
Man, I'm jealous of your dirt! I haven't seen dirt in like 7 months! Only a bunch of white crap! Good luck with the garden. I'd love to be doing that!
so that's where my golf ball went - that was one nice drive!!!!
Okay, I have try reeeeeally hard not to be jealous of your fun, adventurous farm life. I remind myself of illegal aliens and creepy crawlies and stuff like that. :D But Holy Cow!! I wish I had a huge garden like that! AND free water?! That is really awesome!! I can't wait to see what you grow! Incredible!!
Post a Comment