Sunday, September 23, 2007

Going "Home"


I like my camera.

But I've learned that it does NOT have an easy time taking ACTION shots.

We went to the rink....FINALLY.
Since then, Hayden has been asking me constantly, "Mommy, I go iks-kating?" THAT is going to be a FUN Kodak moment! (and I will share them with you, of course.)

I've been skating most of my life. No matter where I live or how different the area, the rink is like a familiar friend that never changes and always welcomes me back. Wherever I live, the ice feels like being home; A different home. My first home will always be with my family, but my second will always be the ice.

The session was great...and silent. The only sound I heard was my breath and the music coming from below my feet. I love listening to my blades scratching the ice.

Most of the pics were WAY TOO blurry, but here are a few highlights....


Ahh...I can feel the stress melting away
(For me: better than the Spa-can you believe it?)



This is a spin...I'm spinning in circles.
(It would take too long to TYPE an explaination of what this looks like in action, so I won't.)


I HAD to take a picture of THIS!
This means my spins were centered (that's GOOD)



Stretching out my back after a spill
"Ice Yoga, anyone?"

There is a joke with figure skaters and hockey players to "watch out for the blue line, it will trip you!"
(notice where the blue line is located.....hmmm.)



1 comment:

Dana said...

Toe Pick!
Hope you know the movie reference.