Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Invasion Of The Bed-Snatcher!


Sometimes we jokingly refer to Hayden as "His Majesty". It is a term usually used when Hayden has special requests and preferences.

"I've cut the crust off the sandwich because His Majesty, the prince, has declared it so."

(At the zoo)"We are NOT going to see the tigers because His Majesty would like to see the elephants first."

"Does this PLEASE His Majesty?"

Now, keep in mind that this is just a joke. When it comes down to it Mom and Dad have the last word and boundaries are enforced. I don't think I'll be able to use the term "His Majesty" for much longer as I am not willing to encourage him getting a "big head" and maybe even using the term back on me!

So, last night since Ben was meeting with equipment dealers until late in the evening, I put Hayden to bed before he got home. I had checked on Hayden a few times and when Ben went into the room to "say good night to his boy" I decided to go too. I love seeing Hayden asleep....so peaceful. Not to mention, the ONLY time he sits still.

We entered the room, gently pulled back the covers, and....."HEY! Where is he?"

I started looking under the bed, while Ben tip-toed into our room. "I found him!" I heard echoing from the Master Bedroom.

I came in to see a bed that had been made THAT morning, now just a pile of pillows, sheets, and covers. Hayden had shoved all the pillows off onto the floor (except for one), situated himself right into the middle of the bed, and faded away into dreamland in our down-feather sanctuary.



I believe this pleases His Majesty!



AND, His Majesty was too sleepy to care when we hauled him back to his own bed.

We love this boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there-
What a cute, great blog. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet. I will keep checking in. so cute. I love it. I love the music. You are such a cutie and so is your "BOY".