Saturday, September 22, 2007

Some-Bunny Came To Visit



Every little girl
has a special interest in the Disney princesses.

And who wouldn't?

Venturing out into the forest, small animals (from every corner of the woods) seem to want to be her best friend. She sings with the birds, dances with the owls, and snuggles with the deer. I loved the idea of that possibility when I was a little girl, but when I went out into our woodsy backyard, singing and twirling, the only natural life forms that seemed interested in following ME around were the flying knats.

I quickly gave up on coaxing the little creatures out of the forest.

A few days ago, however, I had a glimpse of what it may have been like to be a princess on a walk in the woods. Rabbits are everywhere on the farm. There are two kinds: Jackrabbits and Cottontails. Jackrabbits are annoying; they don't really do much except eat your crops and reproduce. Three Jackrabbits consume the same amount as one cow. Cottontails aren't much of a threat, however; they don't eat as much and they're just so cute.

We have two baby Cottontails hanging around the house. They are big enough to live independantly and have LOTS to eat around the yard. We are expecting them to stick around for a while.

"A dream is a WISH your heart makes......la la la la"
(music playing in the background.)

1 comment:

XYZinn said...

Nancy, I love you so much. I miss you! Just looking at those pictures makes me laugh and cry. I just remember all the fun we had. You are wonderful. I so wish we lived closer. I know in my heart though that you will always be my boosm (Anne of Green Gables) buddy. :) That is such a cute video.