Friday, September 14, 2007

"Movin' To The Country, Gonna Eat A Lot Of Peaches..."


There's just something about Fall....

It magically makes me want to "can" things and cook.

So, I am sharing yet ANOTHER recipe this Friday. Are you ready for another Crockpot Culinary Concoction? I LOVE my slow-cooker. I'm thinking about buying another one so that I can have two things going at the same time! What do you think? Especially since I have discovered you can make DESSERTS in the slow-cooker! Hello!

A year ago September I canned a bizillion peaches. Yummy. They have been quite the treat this year! But now I need to use them up since they have been on the shelf for a year. It's time to ROTATE!

I found this AWESOME recipe for Peach Cobbler....a peach cobbler cooked IN THE CROCKPOT!

HALLELUJAH! (Do you hear the music, like I do?)

I made this a couple of nights ago and it was scrumptious! Another HUGE hit with the fam!

Try it!
...and then tell us all how delicious it is.


* * * * *

*Note: This was actually a recipe for CHERRY cobbler, but I tweeked it to fit my "peaches" need.

"SUPER EASY PEACH COBBLER"

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 1/2-5 1/2 Hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-qt.

16-oz. can PEACHES (this is where I used my personally-canned peaches, but you can also use cherry pie filling)
1 3/4 Cups DRY CAKE MIX of your choice (I used yellow cake)
1 EGG
3 Tbsp EVAPORATED MILK
1/2 tsp. CINNAMON (I spilled a little more in and it was great)

1.) Lightly spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray

2.) Place fruit in slow cooker and cook on High 30 minutes.

3.) Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients in bowl until crumbly (mine had the consitancy of Play-doh). Spoon onto hot fruit in cooker.

4.) Cover and cook on LOW 2-5 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into center of topping comes out dry. (My crockpot is pretty large, so I cooked mine on HIGH the whole time. It turned out well-done on the perimeter and moist in the middle.)

5.) Serve warm or cooled.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Those peaches look wonderful. Reminds me of my mom's farm in Alpena, Michigan. We once flew into Traverse City and had to stop at a roadside fruit stand for a bushel of peaches. The house rule was everyone had to have a peach a day. They were perfectly juicy and sweet - could not just have one.